Saturday, November 15, 2008

I love my friends

I have a blessed life, no matter what happens in the next few months at work, I am truly blessed and charmed. Not one day goes by that I don't thank God for the blessings in my life. I had a great night last night, I went to a meeting, had a great dinner with my friend and then on my way home stopped and saw my girls. These women have been by my side for more than a decade. They say if you get through life with one good friend that you are lucky. I have like 5 amazing women in my life who I know will always be there. We've been through a lot together. They saw me struggle with substance abuse and stood by me while I fought that battle, I've seen them get married, have kids, split up, remarry and raise their children beautifully. It's amazing to me how life comes full circle. It's wonderful in a place so close to Las Vegas, that's full of fake superficial people that I have this crew around me. True friends aren't the ones you call to bail you out of jail, true friends are the ones sitting in the cell with you saying "damn, oh well it was worth it!"

No comments: