Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ch ch changes!

I am a native of Southern Nevada, having spent most of my life here; I have witnessed many things come and go, many changes in this city of sin. Is there anyone here that really loves it? Does anyone love Vegas? Or are we all here for some reason, as a means to an end? Something always brings me back. I escaped for a few years to sunny San Diego, I found much needed rest and relaxation and was able to get myself grounded for a while. when I finally came back here I felt ready. I have a whole new respect for this place. Vegas kicked my sweet ass and quickly. i was one of the lucky ones, I was able to get a handle on my insane life and come back here with a new found freedom. I have a love/hate relationship with this place that I call home, don't most people? I am conflicted, there's things that I love here, my family,my job. Then there's everything that I hate, but that's not just Vegas, that's most places in the fake plastic society that we live in today. when are people going to realize that it's not about money or stuff or the car you drive? Life is about the things we do when we are here. I'm going off on a bit of a tangent here, I realize this, however, there are certain things that matter and many things that don't. In times such as these that we live in, I feel it's important to focus on the things that matter, our family, our friends the love we have in our lives. Hug the people you love, tell them what they mean to you.... The wolf is always at the door.
Goodnight

No comments: